Sunday, June 24, 2007

Anne Teigen - Gentle Wings


Anne Teigen is a Eugene, Oregon artist. Her work here "Party of One" just captured my mind, reminding me of my consulting days in a place other than home and my solitary dinners or lunches. It also has very much the feel of the fine Italian artist Amedeo Clemente Modigliani. Modigliani's work, in turn, was influenced by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Georges Rouault, Pablo Picasso and Paul Cezanne's paintings.

So here is Anne Teigen's work, wonderfully original and as current as life today. She has taken the likes of Modigliani and Cezanne to a new place and time. This is just one of the wonderful works on her website. Click on the image to be transported to her colorful, enriching and creative view of life. A visit there is like a warm summer breeze in a shaded grove of trees.

It isn't often we can find treasures like this hiding in plain sight unless we look around, in this case I'm glad I did. Thank you Anne for the permission to show this intriguing work of art and a link to your page. Another of my favorites is a piece called "Meet Me by the Window."

Art Quote
"What I am seeking is not the real and not the unreal but rather the unconscious, the mystery of the instinctive in the human race." ~ Amedeo Clemente Modigliani

No comments:

Copyright

©Paul Viel